Join a team of high school students dedicated to furthering their STEM skills in the First Robotics Competition. With the 2023 season in full swing, we will be looking for people with a passion for engineering, whether mechanical, electronic or software to join us for the 2024 season starting in September this year.
If you have any questions regarding the program or the team contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Cross Regional
The Southern Cross Regional Competition started on Friday 10 March at the WIN Sports & Entertainment Centres and finished on Sunday 12 March.
The team had an eventful competition with some critical parts of the robot breaking during the practice matches, however in true Drop Bears spirits mentors and students worked until 8:00 PM to fit replacement parts that a parent kindly delivered from our workshop at The University of Sydney.
This and other minor miracles ensured a gradual recovery from 32 rank to 8 during the qualification matches and a 3rd place in the final playoffs in alliance with team 7583 – Embers (Mount Kembla, NSW) and 6996 – Koalafied (Wattle Park, South Australia)
What’s happening in 2023
- Build Season started on 8 January 2023 with the kick of meeting when the team will review the new FIRST FRC game.
- 8 weeks of intensive planning, design, prototyping, building and programming are underway
- Australian Southern Cross Regional competition will be in Wollongong at the WIN Entertainment centre and we will be staying in Wollongong, location TBC
- Friday March 10: Practice day
- Saturday March 11: Opening, Quals
- Sunday March 12: Quals, Playoffs, Closing and Awards
- We are also looking at the international events in that will work with our schedule
What We Do
Write code in Python allow the robot to complete all necessary tasks.
Use engineering skills to construct and fabricate a robot that meets functional requirements.
Design and manufacture a robot within a 6 to 8 weeks time frame.
Compete against up to 60 other teams, in both domestic and international competitions.
Engage and recruit high school students from across the Sydney region.