About Our Team
We are a team of high school students, sharing our passion for STEM. Split into sub-teams and with support from our industry skilled mentors, we compete in the worldwide, annual FIRST Robotics Competition
The Mechanical Team is charged with the nuts and bolts of engineering the robot.
It provides the opportunity for students to:
- Design, and draw plans for engineering
- Test designs both physically and theoretically
- Physically construction of the robot
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the robot
During the off-season students learn to use programs such as Onshape, a Computer Aided Design (CAD) package and develop skills within engineering mechanics to solve problems and design solutions.
The Software Team is in charge of controlling the robot and making it intelligent.
The software team allows students of different skill levels to learn how the robot is controlled.
- Vision, using cameras to provide the robot with useful information.
- Autonomous, giving the robot predetermined actions.
- Dashboard, provide the robot drivers with useful information about the robot.
Software students will be taught, over the course of the year:
- Programming in Python.
- Problem solving.
- Collaboration with other team members.
Media and Business
The Media and Business Team is focused on showcasing the achievements of the team, presenting our brand and ensuring that sponsors receive value for money.
This includes tasks such as:
- Sponsor and partner relations
- Video Creation and Editing
- Graphic Design
- Editing and Maintaining Websites
What is FRC?
FRC (First Robotics Competition) is a competition run by FIRST for more information watch the “What’s FIRST Robotics Competition?” video by FIRST.