About our team
We are a team of High School students from year 8 – 12 who share a passion for STEM split into sections. We build robots with the help of mentors to compete in FRC competitions annually, at the beginning of the year (build season).
The Mechanical team is charged with the nuts and bolts of engineering the Robot.
It provides the opportunity for students to show what they’ve learned throughout the year and:
- Design, and draw plans for engineering
- Test designs both physically and theoretically
- Physically construction of the robot
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the robot
During the off-season students learn to use programs such as SolidWorks which is a Computer Aided Design (CAD) package and develop skills within engineering mechanics to solve problems and design solutions.
Media and Business
The Media and Business section is focused on showcasing the achievements of the team, presenting our brand and ensuring that sponsors receive value for money.
This includes tasks such as:
- Sponsor and partner relations
- Video Creation and Editing
- Graphic Design
- In charge of the website
The software team is in charge of controlling the robot and making it intelligent.
The software team allows students of different skill levels to learn how the robot is controlled.
- Vision, using cameras to provide the robot with useful information.
- Autonomous, giving the robot predetermined actions.
- Dashboard, provide the robot drivers with useful information about the robot.
Software team students will be taught, over the course of the year:
- Programming in Python.
- Problem solving.
- Collaboration with other members.
What is FRC?
FRC (First Robotics Competition) is a competition run by FIRST for more information watch the “What’s FIRST Robotics Competition?” video by FIRST.