23rd September

This week on the swerve drive project we were finalizing the CAD design and making some crucial decisions about the encoder and Talon placements. We had worked on the CAD for multiple weeks but this week we had to start making the final touches such as putting in the bolts and making sure all the dimensions worked with each other. We were also deciding which encoders to use on the steer submodule as it would impact the design.

We were also deciding where to put the eventual encoder. Other decisions were also being made such as how we were going to attach the module onto the chassis of the robot. We went through several ideas, but we decided on oversizing the base plate of the steering submodule. We are currently on a good trajectory and should meet our deadline of 5 weeks.