Our Robot is ready for competition
The Kick off on January 10 is a distant memory and after 8 weeks of design, prototyping, building, programming, testing and refinement the robot is ready for the competition and has a name
Some of the key changes as a result of the testing in the last 2 weeks are;
- Modified endeffector with a change from 3D printed claw to compliant wheels to give a wider range of grip, change of geometry and actuation with a standard piston rather than a rotatory actuator. and adding a flapper to provide better engagement with the cone.
- Break beam sensors were added to the intake to detect collection of cubes.
- Adding 2 additional air reservoirs to have a total of 4 with 2.1 L of stored air on board.
- Fine tuning of the positioning code from the two on board cameras.
- Addition of a third camera for game piece detection
- LED stripes configured to indicate alliance colour when robot not enabled and to indicate to the human player if a cone or a cube is required by the robot during the match.
- New batteries and charges were purchased ready for the match days